Mikkele and I got to go to the Desert Start Playhouse last weekend with my awesome Mother and Father-in-law.We got to see "Welcome Back Potter: Harry and Hermione's 10 year Reunion". It was, as always, super fun and made us laugh a lot!
Mikkele got to meet a bunch of the actors after the play was over and even got their autographs.
This lady was tagged as the "Most Pregnet" by Mikkele! She really is expecting and they were able to write her pregnancy into the play.
This lady was tagged as Mikkele's "Favorite" and I think that this dude was tagged as "Craziest".
The playhouse has lots of fun little things out in the lobby area to keep kids busy.
Like an outhouse, for instance.
Some more of the actors afterward.
We had to try the outhouse.
Mikkele took a while.
Look how cute we are!
I got to go to the Hogle Zoo with some of my former Young Women, Cali and Kaitlyn. This little trip has been in the works for a long time. Kaitlyn and I were talking a few years ago about how we're lame because we had never been to the zoo. So, we decided earlier this year that we were going to go and we stuck to it!
Cali trying to be like the turkey and Kaitlyn wondering why I keep taking pictures of them.
Gotta have a pic with the drinking fountain!
I just wanted to bite his nose off.
And then Albert and I took a last minute trip to California with Jeff and Jenna, Julie and Kirk and their cute kids. We went to South Carlsbad Beach and had a blast!
Here's Brin, Brooke and Carson chillin in the sand.

Even though we went in July and we were in Cali, it was a pretty cold weekend. So we found Albert a new super suit that was on sale.
Even though we went in July and we were in Cali, it was a pretty cold weekend. So we found Albert a new super suit that was on sale.
He is one HOT specimen!

Brin, Cannon and Brooke.

Albert and Kirk body boarding.

Sweet little Chloe. I bet she had sand in her pants for days!
No, for real!
And what a trooper she was. I would have been in tears and she didn't even let one squeeze out.
I want to be Jenna when I grow up.
Brin, Cannon and Brooke.
Albert and Kirk body boarding.
Sweet little Chloe. I bet she had sand in her pants for days!
We built some sand castles.

Got to relax a lot.

We were able to camp just up from the beach. We were pretty excited about this campground because we were really close to the bathrooms. Score!
Got to relax a lot.
We were able to camp just up from the beach. We were pretty excited about this campground because we were really close to the bathrooms. Score!
This man is HOT!!!
Oh, how cute!
We may or may not have gotten a little high from the fumes.

Over Memorial Day, we went to Moab with Jeff and Jenna. We went 4-wheeling, mountain biking (I biffed it pretty good once and Jeff biffed it twice. That's why I don't mountain bike.), golfing, hiking, took some cool drives and ate some really good food!
Over Memorial Day, we went to Moab with Jeff and Jenna. We went 4-wheeling, mountain biking (I biffed it pretty good once and Jeff biffed it twice. That's why I don't mountain bike.), golfing, hiking, took some cool drives and ate some really good food!
We hiked to Landscape Arch in Arches National Park.

And we hiked to Delicate Arch.

And we drove out to a spot where there is petrified wood.

One of the lizzards Albert kept as a pet for a while.
And we hiked to Delicate Arch.
No, for real.
I had no idea you could do that, but leave it to Albert to know all the best ways to catch lizzards.
And we drove out to a spot where there is petrified wood.
One of the lizzards Albert kept as a pet for a while.
Albert and I 4-wheeled out to Pritchett Arch.

And I think this one is called Picture Frame Arch. I forgot to put sunscreen on this day and fried my arms pretty good. You would think after so many years of bad sunburns I would learn, but that's not such the case.

Albert on his 4-wheeler. What a babe!
And I think this one is called Picture Frame Arch. I forgot to put sunscreen on this day and fried my arms pretty good. You would think after so many years of bad sunburns I would learn, but that's not such the case.
Albert on his 4-wheeler. What a babe!
Yes, I got to go to camp again this year with my new ward. We had so much fun! Our new ward is awesome and we really like it, but it is very different from our last one. We were in 3rd ward for 7 1/2 years and this has been a big adjustment, but we are loving 11th ward!
We had a limbo competition and I did pretty good, but I am definitely not as flexible as I used to be.
The girls did a funny little dance thing and they felt the need to give me war so I could look like them.
I like your beard.
This was my group for the challenge course.
L to R
Katie, Sara, Mikalyn, Natalie, Rachel (on the ground), Brinley, Mikayla, Alyssa (standing), Valani, Kym, and Kaylee.
The other group.
L to R
Karlee, Hillary, Kaylie, anna, Makell, Mallory, Kaeli, Brooklyn, Emily, Misty, Darci, and Kamilla.
Here we are on our super fun hike around the Heber Valley Camp just before we got to the lake.
All in all, camp was lots of fun this year and great so that I could get to know a lot of people in my new ward. What awesome leaders and girls!!! I'm sure I'll be back next year.
Just for the record: This camp marked my 6th straight year at Girl's Camp as a leader and 14th year overall (I went 8 times as a teenager)! And I'm sure there's many more great years to come. I know camping with a whole mess of teenage girls doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun to most people, but I love it! Drama? Tears? Crazy hair and make up? Making a total fool of myself for their entertainment? Lots of work?
Bring it on.
1 comment:
holy crap that is a lot of posting in one post. Glad you are in the "true" stake now! Also, Aaron got stung by a stingray this year too...brutal.
Post a Comment