Friday, October 31, 2008

Garlic Bread Lessons

{Sorry this pic is so small. Not sure how that happened.}



No, this is not a lesson on HOW to make garlic bread. This is a lesson LEARNED FROM garlic bread. And it still makes me giggle!

*Sorry, Joe*

Here's how it goes... About 2 years ago {crap, has it been that long?} we had Albert's brother, Joe, living with us while he was going to school. Joe had a job at a hardware store here in town that is connected to a grocery store. So, before Joe would come home for his lunch break, he would go buy something for lunch and bring it home to eat.

One day, Joe came home with a can of ravioli and a half loaf of garlic bread {you know, the really delicious kind that is pre-slathered with about 3 inches of that nasty garlic butter spread}. Joe proceeds to open his can of ravioli and warm it up and here's how the rest of his lunch break went....

A: Hey, Joe. Are you going to broil that garlic bread?

J: Broil?

A: Yah, broil. *Pause* Toast it, Joe. Are you going to toast your garlic bread?

J: No. I don't think you're supposed to.

A: Yah, I'm pretty sure you are.

J: No. I don't think so.

A: M'kay {of course with a sarcastic and 'do whatever you want' eye roll}.

Joe sits down and starts eating his lunch. Scrumptious ravioli and pieces of un-broiled pre-slathered garlic bread, broken off piece by piece right out of the bag. MMM....DE-LISH!

1/4 of the loaf gone.

J: {While continuing to hoover, secretly thinking after the first bite of bread - and a year later confessed to his fav. sis-in-law - something to the effect of....GROSS. I think this garlic bread was supposed to be toasted. Well, I'm going to keep eating it anyway. Can't let her know she's right.}

1/3 of the loaf devoured.

1/2 of the loaf eaten.

J: Wow. This butter is really over-powering.

A: {Not saying a dang word, just standing in the corner with a smug look on her face fixing her own lunch and lunch for the hubby}

Most of the ravioli and 3/4 of the loaf ALMOST down.

J: I don't feel very good.

A: Really?

So, what did we learn here?

The only reason I posted this story is because I made lasagna and GARLIC BREAD tonight and that got me chuckling about this story again.

~No harm or embarrassment intended, Joe!~

3 comments:

Fig said...

I remember that! Good times. Ah, Joe, I miss you.

Carrie said...

You are so stinkin' funny! You amuse me!

Diane said...

Random sister ... random