Sunday, October 25, 2009

Shut up! She actually posted something!

It's true. Try not to pee yourselves with excitement.



So,



We have a hole!

We're building a house and here are some pix for you all to see.



Moki likes it. He's really excited for some new ground to sniff around and pee on.

They started digging our hole on my birthday (October 7th for all you who forgot the best day of the whole year) so I'm pretty sure that's a sign that this is going to be the coolest house ever.

They poured our foundation last week and I think they're supposed to start back-filling and then framing this week-ish.
You can see where Albert is standing will actually be a crawl space underneath my new kitchen and the basement on the other side there. The house will face East (YAY! No more crappy north-facing!) and the garage will be to the left where you can't really see in this pic.

This is a view of the south side of the house. That window will be one of the basement bedrooms that won't be finished for a while but will eventually contain some adorable little kid we'll have someday.
Or maybe it will be a guest bedroom. Who knows.

Well there you have it folks. My first real posting in about 7 months. I've been kind of busy, you know. Get over it.

But I'll try not to let another 7 months go by without posting anything.

8 comments:

Rosie said...

That's so exciting! Isaiah and I are building a house too. They started digging our foundation last week. It's exciting to see how fast everything goes up. (By the way. I did think of you on your birthday. Hope it was a good one :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so exciting Cousin!. I have never built a house but it seems like it would be a really exciting thing to do. Congrats. Love you!

Carrie said...

Wow, it looks AWESOME!! Great hole and cool cement! GOOD JOB!

Debra said...

It's so fun to watch the process! We will miss you guys in our ward but you will have great new neighbors! We also loved the ward you are moving into. It's huge!

Becky Foster said...

Congrats on finally making a post, and mostly congrats on your awesome house!! Can't wait to see it.

Alyson said...

Lish! It looks AWESOME!!! Ben and I are really excited to have our own room! :) Keep us updated!

Fig said...

New park, huh? Fancy. :-)

Congrats on the great big hole!

(We're inviting ourselves for a personal tour in May. You better have treats.)

Fig said...

Also, I'm pretty sure there's a huge picture of your face in the Standard today. That makes me happy.