Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Hole Update

Well, it's not exactly just a hole anymore.
Here are some pix of how our new home is coming along.

This is a pic of part of our basement where there will be 2 bedrooms and a bathroom and a big living room.


This is a pic of my crawl space that's underneath my kitchen. It's about 4 feet high and has tons of room for storage - a necessity.


This is an earlier pic - these are all kind of out of order, sorry - of our basement when they very first started framing.


Here's a pic of the kitchen.


And here's one of the front room. You can see where the front door will be and 2 windows to either side of the door. To the right will be 2 bedrooms and a bathroom.


Front of the house. The right side will be our master bedroom and the kitchen in the back. To the left will the be the 2 bedrooms that we'll fill with munchkins one day.


Okay, now onto the most recent pix.

This is Albert's garage. You can see they've got all the insulation done and have started doing sheetrock. You can also see the door into the house and out to the back (someday) yard.


Another pic of our front room, bedrooms and bathroom.


Here's my kitchen!!! I'm so freakin' excited to have a nice kitchen I'm about ready to pee myself. This is going to be a vast improvement from my current kitchen. I can't wait!


The front of the house, of course. You can see they are almost done shingling, there's just that little bit left on the top of the garage.


Another angle of the front.


Out of order again - oh well. You get the idea.

This will be our bonus room and (if Albert gets his way) eventual movie room. You can see where the stairs go down in the middle - there's kind of 2 sides. The side you can see is bigger than the other so the smaller one will probably be an office or something when we finish it later.


And there you have it, my friends. You have officially been updated.
I'm a great tour guide, huh?

7 comments:

Becky Foster said...

First of all, I'm so proud of you for finally updating your blog, and second, the house looks amazing! I'm so excited for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome you are building your own home! What an amazing journey! Best wishes.

Prilla said...

It is about freaking time you posted something! The house is looking great. Coming along nicely. I can't wait to see it in person when it's all done. Are you having a house warming party???

Fig said...

I hope you know I am always going to call your house your "hole". Maybe it could just be The Hole, officially.

Nathan and Shanna said...

I am so Happy for you guys! :O) That is awesome! I am also proud of you for updating your blog! What exciting times for both you and Albert! Your house looks awesome! :O)

Carrie said...

coolio! thanks for the update! now i don't have to drive by again! haha. i'm happy for you and your kitchen and for albert and his garage and hopefully someday--movie room!

Yardley Crew said...

It is such a beautiful home! I can't wait to see it all finished! (I bet you can't either!!!)