I was very impressed by an email that my little brother, Adam, sent this week in his weekly missionary mass email. Most of you know that he is in Brazil serving a 2 year mission for our church (he comes home the end of May) and it has been so amazing to see the kind of progress he has made as a person, and more important, spiritually. So, here is the little blip from his email that I thought I would share. ***Disclaimer - Please ignore any misspellings and/or poor grammar - this is an area he kind of struggles with***
Well family i would like to share a learning moment that happened this week while i was studing. Well i was reading those sweet InSights that ya´ll sent me for christmas. So there is one that is in 2 Ne. 9. I don´t remember what scripture it is, but it´s the one that talks about our life after this one. Anyways the quote talks about how we will be judged according to what we knew on this earth. And that those who lived in ignorance, not knowing the truth, will be judged according. So i starded thinking...wouldn´t it just be a whole lot easier to be one the those that ''didn´t know?'' We could do what we want and then at the last day we wouldn´t be held accoutable, because ''we didn´t know.'' I stopped reading and just started writing. So i came to the conclusion that NO! Maybe i would be easier in the eyes of the world. Then i started to think. Knowing what i know, and what we all know being members of the church set us apart from the world. We are 13 million out of 6 billion that know the truth. That makes me feel important. We were valient in the pre-existance and we were chosen at this time of the world to know what we know. Why? We have the special responsibility to help the others that don´t know. So obviously at the last day a lot will be expected of us because we knew. But just think how much farther along we will be than the others who didn´t know. In the middle of all these thoughts i felt the embrace of the sprit and i knew that even though doing what is right is hard some times we have what the other 5.87 billions of people don´t have...the Holy Ghost. How greatful i am for parents who taught me what is right and raised me in this gosple. How greatful am i for the opportunity to know what i know. How greatful i am for the scriptures and the things we can learn from them!!!
What a cool kid, huh? I am so proud of him and his decision to serve the Lord. He truly loves the Lord and the gospel! He is an amazing person and I am so happy that he is my baby brother.
3 comments:
awesome letter! thanks for sharing! chris comes home in march. i can't wait! (when did our baby brothers become so old?)
Alisha!
I loved Adam's letter! I miss reading mission letters from my brother and Drew! That was great! I hope you guys are doing great! And your lil' dachshund too!! Take care!
Love,
Kathleen
Post a Comment