Albert and I walked around the River Walk a lot and one night we decided to go see a 3-D movie about the ocean. I was really cool and we got to wear these really hot glasses!
My mom and I took a day and went to Sea World which was a ton of fun! I have always loved going there and it was really cool because we got to go when we were little kids when Sea World first opened and while we were there, they were having their 20th Anniversary.
Of course we got to see Seymour and the really cute Sea Lion show. It is really amazing to see the kinds of thing these animals are trained to do.
Shamu was awesome, too, as always! How incredible!
We took a break in the middle of the day to go get some delicious Rudy's BBQ. "The Worst BBQ in Texas" is their slogan. Hmmm.... so not true! That crap is GOOOOOOD! Oh yah, that is the best cream corn ever made that you are looking at right there.
Here we are right before the ski show started. This is my cute mom's favorite show at Sea World. Do y'all like her awesome hat? I think she has a secret dream of being one of the ski girls. They are really talented, but I think Mama Roberts could show those little girls a thing or two.
I love dolphins! They are amazing creatures and so fun to feed!
Here I am pretty much just being a geek, like always.
This is one of my favorite things to do at Sea World! Big, big thanx to my fabulous mother for spending the day with me! I was so much fun, even though you were too chicken to go on the "scary" rides with me! ;)
My parents were there with us and treated us to dinner. It was great! Although, I still don't understand why Albert insists on making that cheesy face in so many pictures.
Here is what we ate! 4 LBS. of crawdads/crawfish and potatoes. YUM!
My funny dad. He cracks me up! And you all wonder where I get my weirdness from... My dad is the ring leader of goofy pictures.
Here is Albert trying to get out of the sand for the millionth time that week. His golf game was a little off. He doesn't usually spend that much time in the sand.... or so he says, anyway.
We even used some Texas BBQ sauce. It was still really good, even though it was the Sissy Sauce.
The girls were awesome and didn't complain once while we were hiking. We sort of adopted another girl named Brooke from our neighboring ward. She was the only one from her ward to go on the 4th year hike. Here we are at the top of a mountain - I can't remember the name of the look-out spot we were at, but behind us in the distance is Heber City. It is so beautiful up there.
Well, the snow came back in the middle of the night. This is about 5:30 the next morning. I was one of the first ones up because I was tired of unsuccessfully trying to warm up in my sleeping bag on the freezing cold ground.
It got down to 26 degrees F. Brrrrrrrrrrr....... It was pretty cold, but we survived and we all had a good time.
We had to split up into 2 vehicles so this is the group of ladies I ran with in Van #2. This is right before we started the race, so that is why we all look pretty fresh still. Notice how I am, by far, the whitest chick on the team. How embarassing! From left to right, Jenna, KaeCee, Laura, Alawna, Kim and me.
Here I am with my awesome sis-in-law, Jenna who ran with me! She's the best, and quite the athlete! We had so much fun riding in the car together for a day and a half. I only wish that we lived closer together so we could hang out more often. Thanx again, Jenna for running with me! You rock!
A picture of our Suburban that we rode in. You can see in the corner that we were team #446.
Here I am at the finish line. It was really cool because all 12 of us ran the last 100 yards or so together as a team. It was awesome! What a cool experience. I am so glad I did it.
I told Albert that I would give him $100 if he would wear that to his next basketball game. He won't have an actual game for a while, but the offer will still stand come basketball season.
I promise, we are nearing the end of this epistle.
We bought 4-wheelers last spring and over the past year or so, 4-wheeling has become one of our favorite things to do together. The only problem is that in the last year that we have been riding, yesterday was the first time I finally remembered to bring my camera! We went up above Yellowstone camp ground which is above Mountain Home and Altamont. We did this trail once last year and loved it, so we went back! This picture is looking out sort of South-Southeast-ish toward Altamont. It is so beautiful up in the High Uintahs.
Here is Albert at the very top of the mountain we rode up, looking over Moon Lake. We had so much fun riding up there and we had a picnic when we got to the top. What a great day!
Well, that is a good portion of what I have been doing and what I have been occupied with lately. Hope you have all enjoyed the recap of the last couple months of my life!
5 comments:
Well I just have to say that it is about freakin' time you did an update! And I also have to say that the picture of Albert is now the 2nd most disgusting picture I have ever seen. What is the first you ask, well that would be the picture of Albert in the speedo with the mask on. Please hide that basketball uniform. I enjoyed the rest of your update though.
Finally, something new to read! Carol's sis is Staci.
awesome update! albert in the bball uniform is cracking me up!!!! LOL!!!!!
Just for the record ... your mother is NOT 53!
Landon wants to know if Al knows you posted that pic on the internet?
Post a Comment