Monday, September 15, 2008

Starvation Sprint Triathlon

Back in August, the week after my first triathlon, I did a team triathlon in Duchesne call the Starvation Sprint. Starvation because I swam in Starvation Lake. Jarom Grant (one of Albert's oldest friends) did the mountain biking and his sister LaCol did the run. It was fun, but very different than swimming in a pool with lanes and you can see the bottom. Nope, in this lake, you almost freeze to death (I was one of 2 people NOT in a wet suit, which will be remidied next year) before you finish and you have to pop your head up every 10-15 strokes so you're going in the right direction.
Needless to say, I was the first one out of the water, only because the other girl not in a wet suit drown from hypothermia (kidding of course), and because I thought I was going to cramp up and drown! But, it was fun and I would love to do it again next year!




2 comments:

Suelyn said...

You rock!!! Holy heck... that sounds rough! I bet Alby thought that was so hot! ha ha Nice job!!!!

Nathan and Shanna said...

You are just amazing! I hope to someday be able to do something like that. Not sure that I actually ever will because of my heart, but maybe if I trained properly it could still work. You go girl!!