Thanks, Becky, for tagging me! Here we go again...
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, DEFINITELY! Egg nog is KAH KAH. {I know I didn't spell that right}
2. Do you wrap presents or bag them? Usually wrap because I like to wrap. But I will bag I'm out of time or something.
3. Colored lights or White? White, for sure!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you decorate? Whenever I get to it after Thanksgiving.
6. Favorite holiday dish? I like everything my mom makes for Christmas Sing! Rumakes, mini cherry cheesecakes, finger sandwiches, home made peanut butter cups... Really, the list could go on and on.
7. When and how did you learn about Santa? What about Santa? That he's AWESOME?!?! I've always known that.
7. When and how did you learn about Santa? What about Santa? That he's AWESOME?!?! I've always known that.
The sweet weiner dog ornament Johnny and Becky gave Moki for Christmas this year. Thanks again, guys! Moki loves it!
9. Snow...love it or dread it? HATE IT. HATE IT. HATE IT. Nice to look at and that's all.
10. Can you ice skate? Like a champ, of course! Can't everyone?
11. Do you remember your favorite gift? I have a lot of great memories and have received a lot a fantastic gifts over the years, but I think I will tell you about my favorite gift I have given... It was last year and I gave April an Anne of Green Gables Trilogy DVD set. I'm not usually one to have really good ideas, but this was definitely an exception to the rule. I got the idea more than a year before I was finally able to give it to her last year because I didn't have her for Christmas that year. We used to watch Anne of Green Gables all the time when we were kids {really, who doesn't love the KUED telethons?} and we love it! The look on her face when she opened that DVD set was PRICELESS! She was jumping up and down like a little girl in the middle of the Sam's Club parking lot. It was awesome! Then some guy yelled at me for blocking the way and that sort of ruined the moment. ~sigh~
12. What is the most important part of the holidays? I love spending time with family and making new memories. I love the feeling of Christmas and I love remembering the birth of the Savior.
13. Favorite holiday dessert? Anything really. I'm especially keen on THESE right now.
14. Favorite memory? One year, I was about 10 or so, I thought it would be a really good idea to drink a lot of water before I went to bed so I would have to get up to go pee. Of course, that way, I would have a legitimate excuse for being up at that hour of the night and I could go look at my presents! I was a very sly child, you know. That also happened to be the same year my dad thought it would be a good idea to tie our door shut so we couldn't get out of our room {we always slept in the same room on Christmas Eve}. So, about 1 in the morning, my plan worked perfectly and I had to get up to go pee. My dad's plan worked perfectly also, and I couldn't get out! I'm pretty sure some banging on the door was involved and a few tears were shed because, by the time my parents got up to see what the banging was all about, I was having bladder spasms and I ALMOST peed my pants. Ah! Good memories. I have several others, but I'll have to share them with you at a later date as this post is slowly becoming longer than anticipated.
15. Do you have a special ornament? Not really any one in particular, but I really love Moki's new ornament!
16. What do you do on Christmas Eve? With the Roberts family, we usually read a new Christmas story that my mom found that year, read it, talk and mess around for a while. Then we open one present, which is always new pajamas, then argue with the parents about going to bed. We used to all sleep in the same room together and Aaron would always set his clock for the middle of the night and we would try to sneak out of our room to see what Santa brought us. We only got caught once. My dad {oh, what a funny guy!} would try to trap us in our room by tying the door shut or setting traps and stuff. HA! That never worked. We always found a way around it. The Fosters usually play games {Big Money, anyone?}, talk, laugh and eat. It's a great time! I don't know what they did differently when they were kids. {I'll have to tag Julie to find out!}
17. If you could have anything for Christmas this year what would it be? Umm... this could get interesting. A new house. Endless cash flow. Warm weather. $$$ to buy Albert a sweet sports car. The ability to make all my family and friends debt-free. A smaller bum. A new pair socks every day for the rest of my life. Oh, and world peace. Not too much to ask for, right?
18. What do you do for neighbors and friends for Christmas? I usually give my neighbors some small edible thing with some cheesy saying. Last year I gave my neighbors Snowman Poop {marshmallows} and Hot Chocolate. This year is a secret because some of you are my neighbors and that would spoil the surprise. As for really close friends; it's always different.
I tag...
April, Julie, Becky T., Alyson, Mandi, Sue, and everyone else who I forgot.
April, Julie, Becky T., Alyson, Mandi, Sue, and everyone else who I forgot.
2 comments:
Wow... so much to say about this post. First of all, getting locked in the room when you have to pee. Why do these things happen to you? I mean, seriously. If someone said to me, Who do you think would get locked in a room on Christmas Eve when they had to use the bathroom? I would say, Alisha Roberts Foster. Also, the weiner dog ornament is the coolest thing I've ever seen! Your tree is gorgeous btw! I'm excited to get to see it in uh... real life lol Also, you forgot to mention that you also want Suelyn to be a millionare as one of your Christmas presents you really want this year. Love ya lish!
Ha, love the pee story! I kiped a choc orange last night that was for my kids' teachers.
Post a Comment