
Again, I'm not sure why, but my computer is retarded and keep making small pictures. Whatever.
My mom and my sister went to see Twilight when we were in Texas. We're kind of dorky {would you expect anything different?} and we all got Twilight shirts and wore them to the movie! My shirt is a tribute to Carlisle and I still think he's way hotter than Edward after seeing the movie. I chose well.
Let me first just say that OVERALL I really like it. More than I expected {I've seen it twice now and the second time I went BY MYSELF like the big loser I am}. It tells basically the same story as the book and I thought Bella and Edward had fantastic chemistry on screen. I thought most of the characters were cast very well. Particularly Carlisle, Rosalie, Alice, James and Charlie.
That said, here's what I didn't like.....
The whole thing felt very low-budget. I don't know if it was a low-budget film or if that's just how it was supposed to be. I still maintain my opinion that they could have cast a better Edward. He was really the only character I didn't think was cast well. But that's just me. Others will disagree (Lowanna). I hate how Edward calls Bella "Spider Monkey". Irritating and cheesy. I didn't like how they introduced Jacob. It felt very awkward and forced. I also didn't like the scene in the meadow. Not like the book at all. Jasper's character didn't match the one I have in my head at all. I understand why he always looked terrified, but I had him pictured in my mind to always look very peaceful and serene. Different ideas, I guess. I also thought the baseball scene and after when they almost fight the other 3 vampires was kind of cheesy, but it was kind of that way in the book, too. That's all.
What did you all think about the movie? Is my opinion wrong?
5 comments:
I should tell you that there's no such thing as a wrong opinion, but I don't actually believe that. :-) Overall, I kind of agreed with you.
Edward and Bella were well-cast. I can't believe you thought Carlisle was hotter than Edward, random. I loved Charlie and Esme. I don't understand how they are going to make the actor they picked for Jacob tall enough in the next movies.
I thought the movie might be good (even though the book is basically wretched) because it seemed like a story that would translate well to movie form. I was wrong. One of the worst movies I've seen, and that's saying something. The dialogue was ridiculous, there was lots of wasted time, the vampires were cheesy-looking with their white powdered faces, and it was boring. LAME.
Wow! We have a lot of the same reactions to the movie! Great minds must think alike. I don't agree that Charlisle is hotter than Edward in the movie, but I really was disappointed with the Edward casting in the movie!
By the way I really like your new hair do. I still think that you should have went with the shorter bold one, Albert would get use to it. See ya tonight at the Fire Party! Also I am so excited to be the Young Women Coach! :)
Edward got the stupidest looks on his face. What was with Carlisle's makeup!? I could have done it better! I liked how the nomad vamps were killing throughout the movie, so if you hadn't read the book you might think it was Edward's fam. Overall I thought they did a good job on the movie and it was true to the book. I just read The Host and I liked it more than Twilight, but it is not a romance like Twilight...more a sci fi book.
Fig, I was sort of disappointed by Jacob's appearance, but if you remember in the book, Jacob totally changed and grew up in the next book (b4 the werewolf changes even...so I think they'll have to get another actor).
I freaking loved the movie and yes I am straight...hahaha I just thought it was awesome because he was a vampire and was a BA. I kind of want to go get the books now and start reading them. Well anyway....the movie was awesome!
Post a Comment